The first question I ask someone who has failed the MBLEx is, “What do you feel is keeping you from passing?” Exam anxiety is the most popular answer.
People with exam anxiety may experience the following symptoms while studying, or during an exam:
- Heart pounding
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Nausea or other digestive disturbances
- Ringing ears or dizziness
- Shallow breathing
Often, people with exam anxiety:
- Did very well in school, love massage and want to get started with their career.
- Know the material, but are unable to translate that knowledge to a multiple choice exam.
- Are feeling pressure because they need to work, have a job waiting for them, or have been relying on their family for support. This only complicates their exam anxiety.
Does this sound like you? What is causing this anxiety?
There is a reason most of us get a little nervous during exams.